March 2nd, 2015
Tour de Summerlin is right around the corner. Jump in on this local ride and enjoy a route around the beautiful area of Summerlin. This year, the ride starts and ends at the newly completed Downtown Summerlin.
DATE OF EVENT: APRIL 18th, 2015
- 40 miles
- 60 miles
- 80 miles
THIS IS A FULLY SUPPORTED RIDE. Price to register is $75.
This ride is affiliated with the Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada
For more information, visit the event website at tourdesummerlin.com. Or, to register, visit the Active registration page here.
March 1st, 2015
From the organizers of one of our favorite road bike rides in Nevada, the Park to Park Pedal, comes their annual dirt ride in Beaver Dam aptly titled the ‘Beaver Dam Gravel Grinder’.
DATE OF THE EVENT: JUNE 20th, 2015
Registration is now open for the Lincoln County Nevada Beaver Dam Gravel Grinder. For all you dirt riders… give it a try! It’s only $25 and it’s a day of fun! http://www.beaverdamgravelgrinder.com
- 35 mile option
- 45 mile option
Post-ride there is a lunch for all participants.
If you are a fan of mountain biking great events with the friendliest organizers, the Beaver Dam Gravel Grinder is for you!!
Visit BeaverDamGravelGrinder.com for more information and to register.
February 23rd, 2015
Women… if you are looking for a fun way to lose weight and get more active in cycling, this program is for you!
Pro Cyclery’s Liv to Lose Program
Group riding and weight loss program designed for all women – whether new to the sport or long-time riders. It will not only focus on losing weight, but on losing a fear of riding, losing the inhibition of being part of a sport traditionally seen as a “men’s” sport, etc. The plan will include a Ready, Set, Go series of classes and group rides, weigh-ins, workout calendar, nutrition program (through My Fitness Pal app) and will provide a fun, enthusiastic support group for women.
- February 24th – READY - Explanation of the program
Held at Pro Cyclery, 7034 W Charleston, from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Explanation of the program. Testimonial by a local pro rider who lost more than 100 pounds through riding. Presentation on nutrition – both cycling nutrition and daily nutrition. Walk-through of My Fitness Pal app and how to use it. We will also get everyone signed up for the Liv to Lose facebook page. Initial weigh-in. Weigh in will be done in private and will be for your information only. You do not have to weigh in if you don’t want to.
- February 28th – Women Only Road Ride and weigh in. Pro Cyclery, 7:00 am. There will be two distances and no one will be dropped. We will begin the ride with a brief talk on road safety and group riding safety.
Held at Pro Cyclery at 6:30 pm. Bike maintenance and flat repair class. Will also talk about nutrition and do a recipe exchange. Weigh in if you choose.
- March 14th – Women Only Road Ride and weigh in. Pro Cyclery, 7:00 am. Again, we will have two distances and no one will be dropped.
Held at Pro Cyclery at 6:30 pm. Fit, form, function class which will include an introduction to clipless pedal systems, positioning on your bike and shifting techniques.
- April 18th – Women Only Road Ride and weigh in. Pro Cyclery, 7:00 am. Two distances and no one will be dropped.
- May 9th – CELEBRATE! Women Only Road ride to celebrate the end of the official Liv to Lose program. We will meet in the parking lot at Charleston and Desert Foothills and ride to the Red Rock Canyon overlook picnic area, have breakfast provided by Pro Cyclery and ride back to parking. We will talk about the fact that this is only the end of the Ready Set Go program and that we will continue to ride together and remain a group for encouraging healthy living.
For more information, contact Cheri at Pro Cyclery 702-228-9460
UPDATE: I was asked if there was a cost to participate and David at Pro Cyclery just informed me it is FREE! So go check it out…you have nothing to lose (other than weight). ;)