It’s time for the Annual Poker Run held by the Las Vegas Valley Bicycle Club!
3/26/11 - Saturday
Start Time: 9:00am
Starting Location: Northwest Career & Technical Academy
8200 W. Tropical Pkwy., Las Vegas, NV
If anyone hasn’t done a poker run before, here’s what you can expect…..
At the start of the ride, you get one playing card. You then proceed to ride their designated route (which I believe is 22 miles) and all along the route, there are stops. At each stop, you receive another playing card. When you are finished with the ride, you receive one last playing card. Now you have enough cards in your hand for a round of poker. Basically, they are awarding prizes for best hand, 2nd best hand & lowest hand.
While we eat lunch, inclusive in the registration fee, they will be sorting through the hands to then announce the winners.
It’s a fun game and ride. I hope you will join me this coming Saturday.
Oh…They also will be raffling off more prizes giving you even more chances to win a prize if you don’t win the poker hands.
Some things you need to know though in order to participate:
1. There is a fee of $25 for non-LVVBC members. $20 for LVVBC Members.
2. This ride supports a non-profit organization, the Las Vegas Valley Bicycle Club, who will then in part donate a portion of the proceeds to benefit the Hospitality and Culinary Student groups at the Northwest Career & Technical Academy.
3. Route is 22 miles, relatively flat, so it’s perfect for ALL LEVELS! Beginners are welcome.
4. Sign-in begins at 8:30am. Ride begins at 9am sharp!
5. YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE 3/23/11. They cannot allow for same day registrations in order to prepare for the lunch. So, please send in your registration before 3/23/11.
HOW TO RSVP:
–Go to the LVVBC’s website here:
–Click the link to download the flyer & application (which is in PDF format.)
–Fill out the application and mail it in with your registration fee as soon as possible to get it there by 3/23/11.
Remember….they will NOT be accepting same day registrations and you MUST pre-register to participate.
NOTE: I am making this the Saturday FUN Ride for BikingLasVegas.com. If you would like to join me on the ride, please download the application and mail in your registration. Then, come onto the BLV forum thread and let me know you’re coming. Let’s show the LVVBC that the BLV supports their club and all of their efforts in our cycling community!!
Link to BLV Forum Thread Here: